Greetings Orators! Alliance for Cause (hereinafter referred as the Organizer) presents an amazing opportunity for college students to exhibit their art of speaking and win up to Rs. 1750/-. By participating, you also contribute to a larger initiative to raise money which will benefit underprivileged members of the community.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES.
Participation in the debate Contest constitutes participants’ full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and decisions of the Organizer, which are final and binding. Wining a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
The Debate Contest is open to all the college students through regardless of their fields of study.
- DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS OF THE CONTEST.
Participants are asked to prepare their debates in proposition and opposition of the following proclamation: “The measures being undertaken by the incumbent union government are sufficient to overcome corona virus”
Proposition and opposition sides will be decided by the committee and communicated via mail once the registration is complete along with allocation of Participant Code.
Each debater should be ready with 2 arguing speeches and a round of question from the judges
There will be a total of four rounds, with the following division
Preliminary & quarterfinal rounds:
- Proposition speech – 4 minutes
- Opposition speech – 4 minutes
- Opposition rebuttal – 2 minutes
- Proposition rebuttal – 2 minutes
- Questions by judge – One minute each
Semifinal & final rounds:
- Proposition speech – 5 minutes
- Opposition speech – 5 minutes
- Opposition rebuttal – 3 minutes
- Proposition rebuttal – 3 minutes
- Questions by judge – 2 minutes each
- PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION.
- The registration fees for participating in the contest is Rs. 150/- . This contest is being conducted for the benefit of underprivileged members of the community and the registration fees shall not be refunded under any given circumstance.
- To register for the contest, the participants must fill out the registration form in the link provided below: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf0QOurPr0JGyvSPhgt52Qvx1MZ7fKV nlavzO684TjNSziwbA/viewform
- Upon registration, the participants will be allotted the sides of their argument (proposition or opposition) along with a team code one day prior to their rounds.
- The last date for registration is 1st July 2020 and the date of the competition will be
5th July 2020 (timings will be announced the day before the competition)
- CRITERIA FOR JUDGING:
Based on the performance in the contest, every debater
|1.||Organization and clarity||20|
|2.||Use of argument||20|
|3.||Use of cross examination and rebuttal||20|
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS AND DECLARATION OF RESULTS.
- The results for the debate contest will be declared on the same day i.e. 5th July 2020
- The following prizes shall be awarded upon the declaration of results:
Winner : Rs. 1000/-
Runner-up : Rs. 750/-
“Certificates of Merit for Top 5 Participants.
Participation Certificates for all the registered participants.
- RESERVATION OF RIGHTS.
The Organizer reserves the right to resolve all the issues and questions concerning
- QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS:
In case of any questions, queries and concerns, kindly contact any of the following members:
Karoleena Pillai (Founder, Alliance for Cause): +91 7218793930