About the Academic Society of SNLC
The various clubs of The Academic Society of SNLC helps students develop their skills and gain confidence by organising literary activities and various academic events, encouraging students to maintain the legacy.
The students of Surendranath Law College have kept up with the legacy of the rich educational and intellectual heritage of the college and have taken step towards enrichment, and progression with the development of the academic society which is a result of a cumulative initiative. This society is dedicated to spread wisdom and knowledge to those who are eager to learn something new. It is an endeavour to help individuals to bring out their inner-creativity, talent and to make them become more confident so that they can easily attain their maximum potential. this society aims to channelise your energy and will also help you inculcate skills that will make you “think outside the box”.
The Academic Society of SNLC comprises of various clubs such as:-
THE SPEAKING ARTS CLUB,
THE LITERARY ARTS CLUB,
THE MOOT COURT CLUB,
THE QUIZ CLUB, AND,
THE MODEL UNITED NATIONS(MUN) CLUB.
It conducts various spellbinding academic events and organises workshops to help the aspiring students to develop a diverse set of skills to become more successful in life. We hope that all of you will allow us to help you.
About WRITICLE 2020
An online article writing competition. “The pen is mightier than the sword” and in the current scenario where all our lives have taken an unexpected turn it is expedient that we keep our minds sharp. Hence, the Literary Arts Club of the Academic Society of Surendranath Law college for the very first time is organising an INTRA COLLEGE ARTICLE WRITING CONTEST. This is an initiative taken by us to give you all, an opportunity to bring out that inner creativity of yourselves which is yet to be discovered.
Believe in yourself, come forward and test your limits as there is no other way to improve unless you challenge yourselves.
TOPIC – MAKE IN INDIA, A REALITY OR A DISTANT DREAM ?
- The article must be in ENGLISH,
- The cover page of the article must contain personal details of the participants; PARTICIPANT’S NAME, NAME OF THE INSTITUTION, SEMESTER, ROLL NO., SECTION, EMAIL ID AND PHONE NUMBER.
- Word limit for the Article, (800-1000 words), exclusive of the Footnotes.
- The following should be the format for the article.
- TITLE OF THE ARTICLE
- INTRODUCTION (Brief of the concept and Trivia)
- BODY (Accurate descriptive paragraph along with additional information, examples, highlights of the current scenario)
- CONCLUSION (Summarize the article, conclude it with your opinions and provide constructive criticism).
- References with proper citation must be added (to avoid
- disqualification). The references must be added as footnote.
- The citation method should be 19th edition Bluebook citation.
- CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR THE 19TH EDITION OF
- BLUEBOOK CITATION METHOD. ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SOoXkS-
- VsOymHRxWBQoigVb7Xra2lY6z/view?usp=drivesdk )
- Font style- Times New Roman, Font size- 12(text); 14(sub- heading); 18(Heading). Line Spacing-1.5.
- The page layout size should be A4.
- The article must be written in Portrait format.
- The theme for the article must be kept as the default theme.
- The article must be unpublished and original
- Proper citation method must be followed, Submissions without valid References will be disqualified.
- Not more than 15% of the article should be plagiarized. Any submission exceeding the limit will be automatically disqualified.
- Submission of the article must be made before the deadline.
- The article must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The SUBJECT of the email must be, SUBMISSION OF ARTICLE.
- Body of the email must contain personal details of the participants i.e., NAME, SEMESTER, CONTACT NO., along with attachment of the article.
IMPORTANT DATES: –
- REGISTRATION – STARTS – 9th AUGUST (5:00 PM); ENDS – 16th AUGUST (11.59 PM).
- LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF THE ARTICLE – 22nd AUGUST (11.59PM).
NOTE – DATES OF WINNER DECLARATION AND CERTIFICATE DISTRIBUTION WILL BE DULY NOTIFIED.
- CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION TO ALL
- CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT TO THE TOP 3
- THE ARTICLE OF THE WINNER WILL BE PUBLISHED
- AT LAWYERGENICS; CERTIFICATE OF PUBLICATION WILL ALSO BE PROVIDED. (In case there are substantial changes that need to be made in the article before publication, the author will be contacted and the latter is expected to cooperate).
- THE TOP 3 PERFORMERS WILL BE OFFERED AN INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY (DURATION- 1 MONTH) AT LAWYERGENICS.
- TOP 3 PERFORMERS WILL ALSO GET A SHOUTOUT ON THE OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE- ACADEMIC SOCIETY OF SNLC.
BROCHURE – CLICK HERE
REGISTRATION LINK – CLICK HERE
NOTE – ONLY STUDENT OF SURENDRANATH LAW COLLEGE CAN APPLY
FOR MORE UPDATES REGARDING THE EVENT FOLLOW US AT –
FACEBOOK – CLICK HERE