ABOUT PANJAB UNIVERSITY, CHANDIGARH
One of the oldest Universities in India, the Panjab University (PU) initiated at Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts, and sports. The glorious traditions of the University established during more than 133 years of its long service to the nation since its inception are a source of inspiration for the present generation of faculty members and students. Panjab University has been accredited with a CGPA of 3.35 on a four-point scale at A Grade valid for 5 years from 25/06/2015. It ranked 1st among Universities of India and 38th in Asia, Times Higher Education Asian University rankings 2015. It ranked number one University in India and the bracket 276-300 internationally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2014-2015 powered by Thomson Reuters. It was ranked 39th by the Times Higher Education among BRICS & Emerging Economies.
ABOUT UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE OF LEGAL STUDIES
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes with a unique blend of tradition and modernity. Students are trained in the essence of the substantive laws, techniques of procedural laws, methods of client counseling, and skills in legal and social sciences research, etc. The Moot Court Competitions, Client Counseling Sessions, Quiz Contests, Seminars, Group Discussions, and Extension Lectures, etc. are a regular feature of the academic calendar of the Institute. The Institute’s Legal Aid Clinic, which provides free legal services to the economically weaker sections of the society as a part of the community outreach program of the Institute, also offers opportunities to the students to work in co-ordination with practicing lawyers.
ABOUT NATIONAL YOUTH DAY
“Arise, awake and don’t stop until the goal is reached.”
January 12 marks the birthday of Swami Vivekananda, who was a true luminary, credited with enlightening the western world about Hinduism. He was an ardent disciple of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa and a major force in the revival of Hinduism in India. He pushed for national integration in colonial India, and his famous speech remains as the one that he gave in Chicago in 1893.
To honour his many contributions to the country, the government of India, in the year 1984, declared his birthday as National Youth Day, and the day has been celebrated since. On this day, the country’s youth is expected to rise to the values, principles and beliefs that the great monk lived by. As the government rightly said in 1984, “the philosophy of Swamiji and the ideals for which he lived and worked could be a great source of inspiration for the Indian Youth Day.”
The main objective is to promote rational thinking among the youth, believed to be the future of the country. It expected of the youth to rise to the occasion, fight for the right and channel their inner energies, just like Swami Vivekananda would have.
This year, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh is celebrating the National Youth Day to honour the ideals of Swami Vivekananda and his contributions to India by organizing a virtual Poster Making Competition. You all are welcome to participate in the event and show your creativity by designing something new and original.
Best of Luck!!
NATIONAL POSTER MAKING COMPETITION
· The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any affiliated University/College/Institute.
· Students may participate in a team consisting of not more than 2 persons.
· No restriction on the number of entries from any one college or university.
Youth and related concepts.
The sub-themes are suggested but not limited to as follows:
• Youth and Development of Nation
• Youth and Swami Vivekananda
• Youth: A Foundation Of Prosperous Future
• Youth And Awareness
• Youth and Innovation
• Youth and Drugs
• Youth and Peace
• Youth and Religion
• Youth and Justice
• Youth and Economic progress
• Youth and Society
*Note: One is free to choose any topic besides the above given one’s on the condition that it is relevant to the Youth and it should fulfill the objective of Youth Day.
• No prior registration is required.
• One is required to register and submit one’s poster at the same time in the same Google Registration Form by following link:
• There’s no registration or submission fee.
• Each team can submit only 1 poster.
• A valid identity proof of college/university must be attached with an entry.
• Participants must send their entries via Google form on or before 25th January 2021.
• The poster must be made on the A3/A4 size sheet with margins drawn with black ink.
• Photographs, 3D objects, print-outs won’t be acceptable.
• It should be an original and hand done work.
• Name and class of study of the participant along with college/university name must be clearly mentioned on the sheet.
*Note: Plagiarism in any form will not be tolerated and the same will lead to direct disqualification from the competition.
• 1st Prize: 750 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate)
• 2nd Prize: 500 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate)
• Certificate of Recognition to top 5 entries (E-Certificate)
• Certificate of Participation to all (E-Certificate)
*Note: Dispatch of certificates will be within one week from the date of declaration of the result.
• Release Date: January 04, 2021 (Monday)
• Submission Date: January 25, 2021 (Monday before 11:59 PM)
*Note: The result of the competition will be declared within 3 weeks from the date of last submission for the competition.
Prof. (Dr.) Raj Kumar (Chief Patron), Vice Chancellor, Panjab University, Chandigarh
Prof. (Dr.) Rajinder Kaur, Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Dr. Pushpinder Kaur, Associate Professor (Law), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Kindly mail your queries at –
In case of any problems, feel free to contact any of our student coordinators at: